What role does the 21st Century orchestra have in fostering mutual understanding between countries?
The power of the arts to forge immediate and relatable links between countries cannot be underestimated. Hosted by AsiaSociety’s Director of Programs, James Scullin, our panel of experts will explore the importance of ‘soft’ diplomacy, and the role the artists can play in building international relationships:
- Chng Hak-Peng – Chief Executive Officer, Singapore Symphony Orchestra
- Dr Pippa Dickson – Director, Asialink Arts
- Andrew Cumpston – Director Victoria State Office, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Li-Wei Qin – world-renowned cellist and chamber musician, Associate Professor at Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music
- Sophie Galaise – Managing Director, MSO
This far-reaching discussion will explore who is leading the soft power agenda and where the future for international creative diplomacy initiatives is headed.